Friday, December 28, 2012

Un-Decorated

Truth: I have been known to un-decorate my entire house the day of Christmas after the festivities take place. Fact. This year I’m not sure why I felt guilty as every decoration came down before Christmas day came to an end. There has to be other A-type personalities out there like me?!? Are there??  

 I couldn’t take all the “clutter” and even though I stayed home sick (yes you heard right) the ENTIRE day I still managed to throw it all down into the basement.  Don’t get me wrong, I thought it was all beautiful, full and magical…but I like clean, crisp and simple. 

I needed “normal” back and having two weeks off left me with this sudden urge to accomplish all….Slowing it down to blog tonight is much needed. What is this creepy flu that is going around? My two day sickness seemed to come and go so I think I’m officially in the clear of NOT getting it…Yippee. I think Ralph and I’s best bet is to retreat to the Beach House and stay free and clear of everyone. Ring in the New Year in the most Romantic Setting Possible, I think we will head there Sunday. The plan was Today but we have Anthony coming over tomorrow to install Fios…so I’m sure they will be playing around all day. 

I also have to confess that I have very little New Year's decorations! I don’t know what it is with New Year’s but I never seem to have the gumption to decorate after the whole hustle and bustle of Christmas has past. But what’s the fun in that… I went to AC Moore and bought some wooden numbers…Lots of Gold “Frill” and a big Tub of Martha Stewart's Gold Glitter. I was able to spruce up my “just because” flowers and took out the dozen red roses and left the dozen white ones. I dipped the flowers in some mod podge then swirled in the gold glitter. Took out some of the greens from the arrangement and replaced it with gold. I glittered up the numbers and but magnets on the back. Stuck them on my pottery barn chalk board and finally numbered two glasses for our toast.

My Ralph did good this year…Somehow he always seems to “get me.” He listens like nobody has ever seemed to listen…even when I don’t think he is…even if it’s just a wave of a gesture over a conversation about a commercial. He totally, totally gets me.



I hope y’all have a HAPPY NEW YEAR filled with Love and Laughter! 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...